Since 1943 the Board of Aviation Commissioners (BOAC) have owned and operated Monroe County Airport. Their mission is to provide the citizens of Monroe County with a modern and progressive airport facility, with special emphasis on safety and economy. Board of Aviation Commissioners pictured to the right.
William R. Pugh
- M.D FACS, President, served BOAC since 2004
- 1963 graduate of IU School of Medicine
- Captain, US Air Force Flight Surgeon
- Active Multi-Engine, Instrument, and Commercial Pilot
Kenneth W. Richie
- Vice President
- Board Member since 2002
- Earned M.B.A. at IU
- Senior Vice President, Old National Bank at Bloomington
Gene S. DeVane
- Served in USAF and Reserves
- Holds a Private, Instrument, and Multi-engine Pilot Certification
- More than 30 years of combined service to Monroe County Board of Aviation Commissioners
- IU Graduate
- Sagamore of the Wabash
- Distinguished Hoosier
Amenities and Services
Routinely serving multiple Fortune 500 and corporate flight departments.
Monroe County and the city of Bloomington can host your next business function.
We have available hangars and land for development.
We offer 24 hour access, 15 minutes to takeoff, and 2 hour flights to Denver, Dallas, and NYC.
Monroe County Airport is accessible 24 hours each day and is home base to over 100 private and corporate aircraft. The field serves as a base for medical, fire, survey, weather, and delivery.
All of the capabilities, none of the wait.
We are designated a Regional Status, FAA Class IV, Part 139, which means:
- Certified to serve commercial flight operations.
- Ability to serve aircraft operations even in adverse weather.
- Air Traffic Control Tower.
- Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Services.
- GPS Approaches.
- Automated Surface Weather Observation.